Friday, January 4, 2013

Living Authentically (Pagan Blog Project Week 1)

Today is the beginning of the Pagan Blog Project. The format is simple - focus on each letter of the alphabet for 2 weeks, moving from A-Z over the course of the year. However, deciding what to focus on for this first entry proved more difficult.

A stands for air, Akasha, ancestors, archetypes, Athena... you get the picture. But how do I want to start this year of spiritual blogging? What is my intention in participating in this project?

Then it hit me - Authenticity.

au·then·tic·i·ty
n.
The quality or condition of being authentic, trustworthy, or genuine.
(As defined by the Free Dictionary)

To further reenforce this idea, the oracle card I drew for the day says: "I am Truth" (from the Wisdom of the Golden Path oracle deck.) I want to use this year of blogging as a way to live authentically, by speaking (or writing as the case may be) my truth.

Part of expanding my knitting blog to include spirituality was a was to become more authentic. Being Pagan feels authentic to me. Creating and participating in rituals helps me feel more grounded and present int he world. Connecting with my authentic self is a way to connect with the Divine. 

While I don't believe that being Pagan is the only way to live authentically, I do feel that spirituality and authenticity go hand in hand; I can't say which one comes first, but I believe spiritual practices can help us live more authentically.  I plan to share more about my specific believes and spiritual practices through the course of this year of blogging. Authenticity felt like the appropriate place to begin this journey, and set the tone for the year to come.
 As a mental health therapist I see my role as creating space for clients to discover their authentic selves, and I hope my posts will allow you a chance to reflect on your own spiritual journey and live more authentically.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there - happy new year!

    I will look forward to seeing how this year of pagan blogging develops.

    ReplyDelete