Monday, March 16, 2015

Rose City Yarn Crawl 2015

I didn't mean to neglect the blog for this long, but what better time to dust it off than the annual Rose City Yarn Crawl?

This year's crawl lasted from March 5 - 8th. (I had hoped to post my recap sooner, but have been busy working to pay for all my purchases ;)

The first day of the crawl I visited Knit Purl, Dublin Bay Knitting Co., and Pearl Fiber Arts after work. I also managed to stop by Black Sheep at Orenco on the way home, thanks to their extended hours!

Day One purchases:

Already thinking about knitting more shawls ;)

Friday I visited a couple of papercrafting shops after work (more on that later), so no yarn crawling.

Saturday was a long day, which started out at the Knitting Bee, then on to For Yarn's Sake (where I admired the Spincycle Yarns, and ran into a friend I hadn't seen in awhile). Next was Northwest Wools and Wool 'N Wares, two shops I don't visit very often but both had fun trunk shows going on. 
Then it was over to Yarntastic! Fiber Arts, which was a new to me shop, so I couldn't resist getting  a special skein of handspun, handdyed yarn and a row count bracelet. Next was Yarnia, which is always fun to visit and I hadn't been to since they moved last year. The day ended at Happy Knits, where I had fun checking out the Three Fates Yarns trunk show. 

Day Two purchases:

At least I didn't just buy yarn ;)

Sunday was the last day, so had to make it to the remaining shops! First up was Littlelamb and Ewe, which is a cute shop but the furthest one from home, so I don't make it over there often. Next was Twisted, where I visited with pdxknitterati and showed my mystery shawl to designer Debbi Stone (though I didn't think to get a picture). 

Then it was time for a snack, so stopped at Pip's Original since I had heard about their mini donuts and chai:


A dozen mini donuts! So yummy :) I also had a heart of gold chai.

Then on to the final two shops: Close Knit and the Naked Sheep Knit Shop, which are both cute shops I don't get to visit very often.

Day Three purchases:


More squishy yarn! Planning a couple of cowls and maybe a hat.

Overall it was a fun weekend, with lovely weather for wandering around. Now to focus on knitting all this wonderful yarn! Already working on a new cowl :)







1 comment:

  1. So fun to see you at Twisted! Looks like you had a very successful crawl. And mmmmmm, Pip's!

    ReplyDelete